Recipe: Toasted Coconut Coffee Smoothie
A coffee smoothie? Yes, please! Our Toasted Coconut Coffee makes for the perfect ingredient in this vegan recipe from KitchenTreaty.com. We can’t think of a better way to enjoy coffee on a warm day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut plus a little more for garnish, if desired
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coffee, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 large banana, frozen (slice the banana before freezing for easier blending later on)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What You’ll Need to Do:
- Toast the coconut. Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and spread coconut on a cookie sheet. Place in oven and toast, stirring every couple of minutes, for 5 – 6 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Watch closely! Coconut can turn from perfectly toasty to burned in a matter of moments.
- Add 1/4 cup of the toasted coconut plus the remaining ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a glass, sprinkle with a little additional toasted coconut if desired, and serve with a straw.
Try this recipe at home and share the results with us on our Facebook page!