The Top Ten Health Benefits of Your Daily Cup of Coffee
You’ve probably heard a lot of people say that drinking coffee is nothing healthy. But in truth, coffee has health benefits! For one thing, coffee is loaded with antioxidants and contains beneficial nutrients that can effectively improve your health. On that note, here are the top 10 health benefits of your daily cup of coffee.
- Increase Energy Levels – Caffeine, which is perhaps the most psychoactive substance there is, is present in coffee. Drinking coffee will help to have caffeine absorbed in your bloodstream, to your brain which will produce enhanced neurons so you have more energy for the whole day.
- Helps Burn Fat – It also helps in burning your fat as it is capable of boosting your metabolic rate. The problem, however, is that this effect usually wears off in long-time coffee drinkers.
- Essential Nutrients Present – There are a number of essential vitamins present in coffee including vitamin b2, vitamin b3, vitamin b5, manganese, magnesium, and potassium.
- Lowers Risk to Type II Diabetes – Some studies show that coffee drinkers have a reduced risk in developing Type II Diabetes.
- Lowers Risk of Parkinson’s Disease – Most coffee drinkers are found to have about 60% lower risk in developing Parkinson’s disease, one of the most common degenerative diseases.
- Lowers Risk of Alzheimer’s and Dementia – Aside from eating a healthy diet and exercise, it has been found that drinking coffee is able to lower the risk of getting Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Fights Depression – Coffee can lower the risk of individuals developing depression while also directly reducing the risk of committing suicide by up to 53%.
- Biggest Source of Antioxidants – Coffee is known to contain huge amount of antioxidants even more than what you can get from fruits and vegetables.
- Improves Physical Performance – The caffeine in your coffee stimulates the nervous system and increases the epinephrine or adrenaline in your bloodstream. With that, your physical performance can be drastically improved when you drink a strong cup of coffee.
- Live Longer – With all the benefits you can get from drinking coffee, the biggest health benefit there is that you can live longer. Since you are protected from some of the most common diseases, you can live a longer, healthier life.
These are only a few of the health benefits of your daily cup of joe. Of course, these are not the only benefits there are with a cup of coffee and every day, studies are being conducted on more of possible benefits that coffee can provide us.